Wednesday, December 5, 2007

JEFF RAHARI FROM NZ ASSIST SANTOS FC

President and I opened the box containing Jeff's assistance at lunch time today. In the box were 2 soccer balls (match balls quality ones) and 2 soccer tops (spain and arsenal). Jeff is an Areka man residing and working in NZ. He has been in contact with us about this assistance some months ago. Jeff has a real heart to help his fellow country men excel in football and we appreciate very much that kind gesture, goodwill and assistance. Jeff and I did Form 6 at Waimapuru way back in 1992. He was in the Science. I was in Arts. We were both leaders of the Southern region of Malaita students body at school then.

If I place an estimate dollar value on the assistance in SBD dollars the assistance would be valued at around $600-$700. This is no small money and I really lift my hat up to you my brother Jeff. Ofcourse we always appreciate other helpers in the past too.

My first thought on the 2 soccer tops is to sell them and use the money to buy something of common use for the club, say training cones or soccer balls. Collective decision will be made later.

Photos will be posted later. Could not have them today as Henry's camera was borrowed.

With this assistance, Santos now has 12 soccer balls as at today (6/12/07). One needs repair before use.

Once again on behalf of players and management, thanks very much Jeff and wish you merry x-mas.

From JAK (6/12/007, 4:15pm).

No comments: