Sunday, January 27, 2008

MORE INFO ABOUT MR. JEFF A RAHARI - (as written by Jeff himself - see the photo of Jeff with his baby Athena posted below)

Name: Jeff Asipara Rahari

I came to NZ quite a while back doing seventh form and then subsequently going on to Otago University. I went back home and stayed in Honiara for a good three years and then at the end of 2001, I returned to NZ again and have been here ever since.

I have a partner from Samoa (Matalena Leaupepe) and a beautiful baby girl (Athena) who is 8months old. I am currently playing for a club called STOP OUT in Wellington. All my life I have been passionate about soccer (football) and therefore did not hesitate when the Santos Football Club appeal in the Solomon Islands came up. I know the current situation back home as well as giving the younger generation an opportunity to not only develop their soccer skills but also the “behind the scene” mentality of soccer: team work, responsibility, competitiveness in a control and safe environment and of course, having fun.

I am currently running a school for disadvantaged young people. Some of the things I mainly do are mentoring, running personal development programs, behaviour management/modification and partly social work. A couple of hours a week I would normally go to mainstream school and run anger management program for young people at the school. It is an extremely difficult job but I am enjoying every aspect of it.

I wish the team an enjoyable season: Train seriously, Play competitively, and have lots of fun.

No comments: